Saturday 2 March 2013

Thank You, DC


I've said time and again that the thing I like most about comics is when they're fun. Sure, I like a good angst ridden, violent, sweary book as much as the next reader, but it's when they make me smile and laugh that comics are at their best for me.

So it is with great pleasure that I read the interview with Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis who are teaming up once more on the new Larfleeze ongoing book:

Giffen: Larfleeze is a chance to do a fun comic book, surrounding him with new characters, new villains, new ideas, new sections of the galaxy. New, new, new, new, new, new, new. 
I guarantee six major, new, cosmic villains in the first 12 issues, as well as alien worlds and all kinds of craziness with Larfleeze. 
And fun. No deep thoughts, no misdirection or trickery. You just come in, there's Larfleeze and look! He's having an adventure, with a bunch of exciting new characters and concepts. At the end of the book, you say, "Yeah, I had a good time reading that book." 
DeMatteis: If it's not fun, we shouldn't be doing it. These are comic books!
I will definitely be buying this book.

4 comments:

  1. So glad that the Larfleeze book is actually happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo looking forward to this one. The creative team has a proven track record with putting fun into books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for Giffen and DeMatteis to get back together.

      Delete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails