Monday 14 May 2012

Who Was Who Is Who #20

So for want of anything better to write about on a Monday, I'm going to go through all my copies of Who's Who and see if I can predict who will make it over to the new DCU by the end of 2012, who might make it and who hasn't got a Human Target's chance.

HERCULES - with Wonder Woman's premise of gods and monsters, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hercules turns up there so I'm going for a possible here.


HEROES OF LALLOR - not being a Legion of Super-Heroes reader, I can't say for definite what the likelihood of these guys turning up is but just based on the entry in Who's Who I'm going to say it's probably not going to happen. Dave Sopko, COEP's Legion expert, agrees: "Outside of a random mention, I do not think that Duplicate Boy, Life, Lass, Gas Girl or Evolvo will be seen anytime soon."

HIGHFATHER - well, we've had Darkseid in the pages of Justice League so it would seem unlikely that his counterpart doesn't get to appear... and yet I'm still not 100% convinced. I've seen nothing about Highfather in any of the solicits (and it's still mid-Feb as I type this) so I'm going to say we won't see him before the end of 2012.

HIPPOLYTA - and a quick check on the internet confirms what I suspected: Hippolyta's appearing in the pages of Wonder Woman so she's definitely already in place.

H.I.V.E. - big enemies of the Teen Titans, I think this time round they've been superseded by an organisation called N.O.W.H.E.R.E. so probably not much chance of them showing up.

HOP HARRIGAN - no, sorry - I don't care how many war comics DC publish, I very much doubt that Hop Harrigan will ever see the light of day again.

HOUNGAN - the not at all clichéd Voodoo priest hasn't been seen around this neck of the woods for some time and I think it unlikely that we'll see him in the new DCU either.

HOURMAN - both the Rex Tyler and the Rick Tyler versions of Hourman were based on Earth-2 so (you know what's coming, don't you?) it wouldn't surprise me at all to see either of them show up in James Robinson's Earth-2. If I had to bet, I'd go with Rex being behind the mask but either way, a Hourman is going into my definite column.

THE HUMAN BOMB - sadly the Freedom Fighters didn't make it into the post-Flashpoint world at least as far as we know so it seems unlikely we'll see them any time soon, even on Earth-2.

THE HUMAN TARGET - hahahahahaha no.

LT. HUNTER'S HELLCATS - it's vaguely possible, I suppose, that some version of one or more of this team could appear in G.I. Combat at some point but I just don't feel it. They're a little too... corny, I guess.

THE HUNTRESS - this is the Earth-2 villain who went up against Wildcat so many times. She's going into the possible column.

THE HUNTRESS - whereas this one is going into the already in place column. It's now (mid-Feb, remember!) confirmed that she is Helena Wayne from Earth-2 and will be appearing in Worlds' Finest alongside Power Girl!

HYATHIS - blimey, does anyone remember this one-time ruler of Thanagar? No? Don't worry, I don't think she'll be back.

THE HYENA - a character with perhaps the worst alter-ego name ever, Summer Day's adventures ended either when Deadshot shot her or during Salvation Run. Doubt we'll be seeing her soon.



So in summary, two already in place (Hippolyta and E-2 Huntress (Helena Wayne)) one definite prediction before the end of 2012 (Hourman) and two possibles (Hercules and E-2 Huntress (Paula Brooks))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails