Friday 23 April 2010

Friday Night Fight - Cutting Jordan Some Slack

It's Friday, so that means another Friday Night Fight hosted by Spacebooger.

Over the last few weeks, I've shown Green Lantern Hal Jordan being smacked around by some of the lamest villains I could find but you know what? I still have a fondness for the guy and a while back his books were top of my reading list.

So, just for the hell of it, and to show I don't hate Jordan completely, here he is back in 1993:


That's Mongul kicking him around (literally) shortly after Jordan had discovered the mess Mongul had made of Coast City. This was during the Reign of the Supermen storyline and Jordan had just returned from space to find his home town utterly destroyed. Obviously, he's a bit peeved.


With some ring-constructed armour and the hammer of Steel (who had appeared earlier) Jordan's ready to do this:


Love him or hate him, Jordan used to be a force to be reckoned with so while it might cost me some votes in the poll over at Spacebooger, I'm still happy to use this.

Now remember:

This hammer-in-the-face blow first appeared in Green Lantern #46 cover dated October 1993, written by Gerard Jones, with gorgeous art by M.D. Bright and Romeo Tanghal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails