Thursday 15 April 2010

New Time Masters Mini-Series

Cover to Time Masters: Vanishing Point #1
I'm not a massive Batman fan - I tend to pick up trades every now and then but nothing ongoing - so most of what I know about the whole death and return of Batman comes from Final Crisis and reading various articles on the internet. As such, I won't be picking up the forthcoming The Return of Bruce Wayne; I'll probably wait a year or so and grab it once it's collected.

However, I will be getting Time Masters: Vanishing Point, the new six issue mini-series from Dan Jurgens revealed on the DCU blog.

I've long been a fan of Jurgens - more for his art than his writing if I'm honest - and I like both Booster Gold and Rip Hunter in the current Booster Gold series so it makes sense to pick it up. Plus I've recently been going through a few of the Superman trades I have, in particular the death and return of the Superman where Jurgens played a major part, and there's mention of both Waverider and Vanishing Point itself in the books. Again, only reading Superman titles in trades leaves me with only a small amount of knowledge about Vanishing Point and the Linear Men but both are concepts that I find intriguing - people at the end of time keeping an eye on things is a brilliant idea so I'm interested in what Jurgens does with those in this mini-series.

And, of course, there's this line from the article linked above which describes Time Masters: Vanishing Point as:
"a story chock full of clues that point toward the next major DCU event"
Not that it comes as any real surprise but just a couple of weeks after Blackest Night finishes and in the week Brightest Day starts, there's already talk of the next major event.

They're not hanging around in DC are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails