Monday 16 April 2012

Who Was Who Is Who #16

So for want of anything better to write about on a Monday, I'm going to go through all my copies of Who's Who and see if I can predict who will make it over to the new DCU by the end of 2012, who might make it and who hasn't got a Galactic Golem's chance.

THE FLASH - well here we have one who's definitely already in place: the Barry Allen Flash. But we also have one who I'm betting we'll definitely see with the launch of Earth-2: the Jay Garrick Flash. Can't wait to see the guy with the tin hat again.

THE FLORONIC MAN - Jason Woodrue went through a few transformations before his stint in Swamp Thing turned him into something more than a simple villain. Will we see him again? It's possible he might return to Swamp Thing, but I don't think it'll happen before the end of the year.


FORAGER - another Kirby creation but one which, I think, we'll be unlikely to see again.

THE FORCE OF JULY - various iterations of this team have showed up over the years but none of them have ever managed any lasting appeal so I don't think we need worry about these guys.

FOREVER PEOPLE - as I said in the entry for Beautiful Dreamer (and please excuse me quoting myself) "the Forever People, are great examples of how embedding characters' looks, behaviour and speech patters in a particular time frame utterly date them. I can't see any of them coming back any time soon."

THE FORGOTTEN HEROES - obviously these characters get dealt with in their own entries so I'm not going to list them all here. Safe to say, though, that grouping together as a team called the Forgotten Heroes isn't going to happen.

THE FORGOTTEN VILLAINS - and the same applies here. Don't bet on seeing these folks banding together.

FREEDOM FIGHTERS - sad to say the last version of the Freedom Fighters was cut short by Flashpoint which was a shame as it was darn good and proved the concept could work beyond the handful of mini-series that the team had over the last few years. Will we see another version of it any time soon? I don't think so.

FUNKY FLASHMAN - unless we get Mr Miracle back, I think it's a safe bet to say that the Stan Lee parody won't be seeing the light of day.

FURY - with so little revealed about when Earth-2 will be set (at least at the time of writing in mid-Feb) it's hard to guess whether Fury or any of her team-mates in Infinity Inc will appear. However, I'm going to take a punt and say Fury's a possible.

THE GALACTIC GOLEM - ummmm . . . no.

THE GAMBLER - can't see this old time villain turning up either.

THE GANG - the colour coded team of Supergirl villains that nobody remembers.

GARGUAX - an old Doom Patrol villain. Even if we get the team back (and I'd like that) I really can't see them facing off against an alien with "highly advanced weaponry" any time soon.



So in summary, one already in place (E-1 Flash), one definite prediction (E-2 Flash) and one possible (Fury)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails