Saturday 21 April 2012

Earth-2 Artwork

Over at Newsarama, there's a short clip of Dan Didio being interview at C2E2 where he lets the camera look at a page of art from Earth-2 showing Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman battling against the parademons we've already seen on the released cover.

As the page was three panels, I grabbed some screen shots (click for bigger versions):


As far as I could make out, the captions read
SO MANY SOUNDS. CRIES. THE DYING. MY CITY DYING. NOT DEAD.
and
TRYING TO STAY SHARP TODAY... SEEMS LIKE THE HARDEST THING I'VE EVER HAD TO DO.
I originally thought "stay sharp" was something like "stop" or "save Mary" but wasn't convinced of that. gra2355 points out in the comments that it's actually "stay sharp" so cheers for that.

This is followed by Wonder Woman:


Her caption reads
-- KILL AS MANY AS I CAN!
so even on this other world she's all about the sword at the moment.

And lastly there's Batman:


who's caption simply reads
THERE.
as he obviously spots something important, possibly the large character to the left of the big tower structure holding what looks like an axe.

Earth-2 obviously gets off to a start with a big bang!

4 comments:

  1. Could the Mary reference be Mary Marvel?

    I was hoping that Earth 2 would move away from the dark edge that seems to have taken over the New 52, doesn't look like it will but I will still be buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Rob, this definitely ain't your dad's Earth-2. Heck, it ain't even ours.

      But, like you, I will definitely be buying this.

      Delete
  2. I think it reads "stay sharp" not "save Mary"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch, that makes much more sense!

      Delete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails