Monday 9 April 2012

Who Was Who Is Who #15

So for want of anything better to write about on a Monday, I'm going to go through all my copies of Who's Who and see if I can predict who will make it over to the new DCU by the end of 2012, who might make it and who hasn't got a Firebug's chance.

THE FATAL FIVE - long time enemies of the Legion, as far as I know there are no plans to have them appear any time soon. However, as I've said before, I'm not a Legion reader so Dave Sopko, the official COEP Legion go to guy, says "I do not think we shall see the team as a whole this year, but there is definitely an open end with the Emerald Eye and Shrinking Violet, so I think that it will be see again by years end."


THE FEARSOME FIVE - ah, nothing like a group called the Fearsome Five which has seven members, eh? While some of these might appear, I don't think the group will show before the end of the year.

FELICITY - one of the Omega Men. Move along. Nothing to see here.

FELIX FAUST - I could have sworn I'd read something about Faust appearing in the pages of Justice League Dark but I'll be darned if I can find anything now. Still, I'm going to put him down as a possible.

FEMALE FURIES - with Darkseid alive and well in the pages of Justice League there's always the possibility that other Apokoliptian characters will appear as well. While I think it's a good possibility that one or more of the team will show up, I'm not going for a definite.

FERRO LAD - another Legionnaire I'm not sure on. Dave says "Still dead, and will likely not be seen again in the Legion of Super Heroes...unless it is in some sort of flashback tale.  Highly unlikely, unless they shoehorn him into the Origins title that wraps up soon."

THE FIDDLER - the original was killed by Deadshot and his successor Virtuoso also took on the Secret Six but will we see either of them back in the DCU? I doubt it.

FIREBRAND - both the original Rod Reilly and his sister Danette versions get featured in Who's Who but as they're both closely tied to a World War II origin, any guess as to their appearance in Earth-2 is dependent on when that book's going to be set. At the time of writing, that's anyone's guess so I'm putting a Firebrand in the possibles.

THE FIREBUG - a dead Batman villain who used flame as a weapon. Can't see him returning.

FIREFLY - a Batman villain who uses flame as a weapon. Can't see him returning.

FIREHAIR - another character who might benefit from All Star Western, I'm putting him down as a possible.

FIREHAWK - and here's another that I'm sure I've heard will be appearing in the new DCU, specifically (and not surprisingly) in the pages of Firestorm. While I can't find a reference to hand, I'm putting her in the definite column.

FIRE JADE - another Gemworld inhabitant, another one we'll not be seeing.

FIRE LAD - one of the Substitute Legion members, I'm guessing we won't be seeing him either and Dave agrees: "Last seen in the Superman and the Legion of Super Heroes arc in Action Comics.  Doubtful that he will turn up again soon, but there's always a possibility."

FIRESTORM THE NUCLEAR MAN - and the first of this week's entries that is already in place. There's any number of Firestorms running round the pages of Firestorm but at least we've got both Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch.

FISHERMAN - oh, thou lamest of Aquaman villains. May we never see you again.



So in summary, one in place (Firestorm), one definite prediction (Firehawk), and four possibles (Felix Faust, Female Furies, Firebrand and Firehair)

2 comments:

  1. You're not wrong, Felix Faust is upcoming in JLD, and Firehawk in Firestorm - I noticed her visual as I gave the series another shot the other week ... It's a great value comic, as I'm on my fourth attempt to get through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for confirming I didn't dream the whole Faust thing! Can you let me know when he appears?

      I'm getting Firestorm (it's not too bad) so can keep an eye out for Firehawk.

      Delete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails