Friday 11 October 2013

Get Your Steampunk Fix Here!

Tired of waiting for the Joe Benitez to write and draw the hugely delayed next issue of Lady Mechanika?

Now worries - he's illustrated the cover of this instead:


That's the cover of Legenderry: A Steampunk Adventure by Bill Willingham, featuring steampunk versions of "The Phantom, Green Hornet, Vampirella, Red Sonja, the Bionic Man and more" in a seven issue miniseries as detailed here.

As Willingham says in the interview:
"This is a story designed for me to have fun and I hope that will translate to the readership. A fun adventure doesn't mean it won't be important in the sense of "Will you care about these characters?" or "Will you care about the outcome of the story?" I hope that that's true, but more in the sense of going on a nice, wild ride. Hopefully you're too busy hanging on and screaming to worry about the structure of the story."
Fun comic books - that's what the industry needs more of. And yes, I'm looking at you, DC.

I will be buying this. Oh yes

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on the news coming out of NY comic con and my first thoughts were that one for me, due out in January I will be chasing my comic shop to make sure they get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Rob - this is a definite for me.

      Delete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails