Thursday 9 June 2011

The Young Heroes In DC Relaunch

My self imposed rule of posting once a day is giving me a headache with all this DC news, forcing me to bump posts over and over again as new information comes along but hey, that's my fault.

DC have released details of their teenage heroes following the relaunch:

Seven heroes from the 31st century have traveled back to the present day. Their mission: Save their future from total annihilation. When the future tech they brought with them fails, they find themselves trapped in a nightmarish world and an ultimate struggle to survive. LEGION LOST #1 will be written by Fabian Nicieza and illustrated by Pete Woods, fresh off an acclaimed run of Action Comics.
Never been a Legion reader so I'm afraid this one won't be joining my pull list . . .

. . . and neither will this one for the same reason:

In the 31st century, the Legion of Superheroes is reeling from the loss of seven of their finest — and trying desperately to keep their youngest recruits alive against a series of terrible new threats. LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #1 will be written by fan-favorite Legion writer Paul Levitz and illustrated by Francis Portela.
Just not a team I've ever got into.

Tim Drake is forced to step out from behind his keyboard when an international organization seeks to capture or kill super-powered teenagers. As Red Robin, he must team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and a hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash in TEEN TITANS #1, by Scott Lobdell and artists Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund.
So here we find out what's happened to Tim Drake as he continues his stint as Red Robin in a, frankly, bizarre costume - it's more recent Black Condor than the Alex Ross designed outfit he's currently in. Still, it's the Teen Titans so I'll certainly be picking it up.

Virgil Hawkins has been gifted with incredible electrical powers. Adopting the persona of Static, he faces super-powered street gangs, raging hormones, homework, and girls in STATIC SHOCK #1, co-written by John Rozum and Scott McDaniel, with McDaniel also illustrating along with Jonathan Glapion.
Again, like Legion, a character that I know next to nothing about. Unfortunately my only exposure was during the dreadful Henderson run on Teen Titans which did nothing to pique my interest in the character. I'll be passing on this.

It’s up to the living avatars of war and peace to root out the hidden forces who look to plunge the country into a deadly civil war in HAWK AND DOVE #1. The exciting new series will be written by Sterling Gates and illustrated by legendary superstar comics artist Rob Liefeld.
You know, I might have been tempted by this except for those last few words:
illustrated by legendary superstar comics artist Rob Liefeld.
(Thanks to Hero Sandwich for the link.)

You know what my reaction to this news was?


Oh, DC . . . you make me laugh . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails