Saturday 11 June 2011

And At Number 52 . . .

So that's it, then - with the release of the Superman family of titles (none of which I'll be getting as I'm not a big Superman fan) the full list of DC's fifty two #1's for September is finished.

Not including the Flashpoint series and its tie ins, here's what I'm currently getting from DC each month:

  1. BOOSTER GOLD
  2. GREEN ARROW
  3. GREEN LANTERN
  4. GREEN LANTERN CORPS
  5. GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS
  6. JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA
  7. JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA
  8. POWER GIRL
  9. SECRET SIX
  10. TEEN TITANS
  11. ZATANNA
Based on the info we've had over the last week or so and my initial reactions to either the characters or the creative teams assigned to the titles, here's what I think I'm going to get come the relaunch / reboot:

    1. ALL-STAR WESTERN
    2. ANIMAL MAN
    3. AQUAMAN
    4. BLUE BEETLE
    5. CAPTAIN ATOM
    6. DEMON KNIGHTS
    7. FRANKENSTEIN, AGENT OF SHADE
    8. FURY OF FIRESTORM
    9. GREEN ARROW
    10. GREEN LANTERN
    11. GREEN LANTERN: THE NEW GUARDIANS
    12. GREEN LANTERN CORPS
    13. JUSTICE LEAGUE
    14. JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
    15. MISTER TERRIFIC
    16. RESURRECTION MAN
    17. STORMWATCH
    18. SUICIDE SQUAD
    19. SWAMP THING
    20. TEEN TITANS
    21. THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN
    22. VOODOO
                                              Would you look at that - a doubling of titles, from eleven to twenty two. There's still a good few maybes in there (Frankenstein, Stormwatch, Voodoo) where I'm drawn to them but not committed yet but while I'm potentially gaining a few titles, I'm also losing some of my favourites: Power Girl, Zatanna and Secret Six. I honestly hope everything works out because I'd rather have quality over quantity.

                                              The fact that Batman, Inc has been announced as starting afresh in 2012 also gives me hope that maybe this list isn't exhaustive and that at some point down the road we'll find out what's happening with things like the Justice Society of America among others.

                                              Right now, though, I'm cautiously optimistic. Let's see what you've got, DC.

                                              No comments:

                                              Post a Comment

                                              Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

                                              crisisonearthprime.com

                                              Look forward to seeing you there. :)

                                              LinkWithin

                                              Related Posts with Thumbnails