"A team of internationally-drafted superheroes fight each other and their bureaucratic supervisors as much as they do global crime in JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #1 from writer Dan Jurgens and artist Aaron Lopresti. The cover to issue #1 is by Aaron Lopresti."And here's the cover:
So who do we have in the line-up? Clockwise from top left:
- Batman - no real surprise given the ending of Justice League: Generation Lost.
- Rocket Red - will it be Gavril from the recent JL: Gen Lost or even Dimitri? Hey if they're rebooting let's have the original funny Rocket Red rather than the (rather good) impersonation.
- Fire - no surprise at all.
- August General in Iron - that's the real surprise for me as he comes right out of left field. Or China as some people know it.
- Vixen - nice to see her back in the League.
- Green Lantern - so Guy Gardner gets the JLI while Jordan gets the Justice League? I can live with that.
- Booster Gold - again, no prizes for anyone guessing he'd be involved after the success of JL: Gen Lost
- Ice - if Fire's in, I guess she had to be in. Maybe now DC can ret-con that god-awful ret-con about her origins. You know the one I mean.
- The Lady In Black - now, who is that do you think? I'm wondering if it's Gypsy as she would pair up nicely with Vixen as they both joined back in the days of the Detroit League.
What else will I be buying from that list?
"Oliver Queen is an orphan who grew up to fight crime as the Green Arrow, a billionaire playboy who uses his fortune to become a superhero – able to fight the most powerful super-villains in the universe with nothing but a bow and arrow. JT Krul will write GREEN ARROW #1 with art by superstar artist Dan Jurgens."Can take or leave Krul but Jurgens art is always worth a look.
"Captain Atom has all the power in the world, but no hope of saving himself. Charged by nuclear energy, possessing vast molecular powers, he has the potential to be a god among men – a hero without limits. But the question is this: Will he lose himself in the process? JT Krul and artist Freddie Williams II take the character in a bold new direction in CAPTAIN ATOM #1."C'mon - it's Captain Atom in his own title again! Anyone want to lay bets on how long before he crosses over with the new JLI? Anyone?
"Welcome to a major new vision of the Nuclear Man as writers Ethan Van Sciver and Gail Simone team up with artist Yildiray Cinar to deliver THE FURY OF FIRESTORM #1. Jason Rusch and Ronnie Raymond are two high school students, worlds apart – and now they’re drawn into a conspiracy of super science that bonds them forever in a way they can’t explain or control."Hmmm . . . sounds like the 90 day countdown from the end of Brightest Day has gone out the window. Still, Gail Simone writing means I'm there.
"The world’s third-smartest man – and one of its most eligible bachelors – uses his brains and fists against science gone mad in MISTER TERRIFIC #1, the new series from writer Eric Wallace and artist Roger Robinson."Yay! Mr Terrific in his own title fighting against "science gone mad"! Love that they're keeping the world’s third-smartest man thing going!
"Batman writer Tony Daniel will team up with artist Philip Tan (GREEN LANTERN: AGENT ORANGE, THE OUTSIDERS) for THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN #1. Carter Hall’s skill at deciphering lost languages has led him to a job with an archeologist who specializes in alien ruins – but will the doctor’s latest discovery spread an alien plague through New York City? No matter the personal cost, Carter Hall must don his cowl and wings and become the new, savage Hawkman to survive."It's Hawkman. And he's savage! Definitely up for this.