Wednesday 4 December 2013

Killing Joke - Spot The Difference

Here's a published page from Alan Moore and Brian Bolland's Batman: The Killing Joke which I'm sure we've all seen before:


(And yes, that's from the original - I'm not breaking the spine of my Deluxe Edition copy for a single page)

Over at Brian Bolland's blog, he posted the original version of that page:


which I'd never heard of, let alone seen so I figured I'd share it.

Presumably DC Editors were happier with blood stained buttocks than they were with bare breasts in a Batman book.

"breasts" and "Batman" in the same sentence - I dread to think who's going to find this blog with those search terms.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, right? I'm sure Karl would at least be hooked. I honest;y don't see that big a difference anyways. Just off the version that was published, I first thought he raped her since he's shown taking her clothes off and all. But then that's how we think, not necesarily the Joker. Sometimes it's better left to one's imagination, but again, don't see that big a difference. Could just be me I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool posting i'm putting this on farce book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails