Tuesday 2 July 2013

Perusing Previews - July 2013


As typically American as superhero comics are, I think Archie comics are even more so; they're as quintessentially American as the stars and stripes and mom's apple pie. Which is why it was a little surprising to see they're doing a zombie apocalypse story! Not something I ever expected to see.



As much of a die-hard DC fan as I am, I have to admit to being tempted by the Infinity Gauntlet bottle opener!


The ad copy reads "From the man who brought you Halloween, Vampires, Escape From New York and The Thing" conveniently forgetting he also brought us Escape From LA, Christine, Ghosts of Mars and Memoirs of an Invisible Man.

As much as I love The Thing (seriously, it's one of my favourite films ever), John Carpenter's name hasn't been a by-word for quality for some time.


I know the ad says it's a prototype and not the finished item but look - all they've done is draw a Battlestar Galactica action figure and stick a photograph of Lt Athena on it!


Mars Attacks Judge Dredd! Ack ack ack ack!


I'm ordering this - I'm curious enough to see what the original story may have looked like.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the Star Wars. Also really looking forward to the Zombie Archie comic. Have not read much Archie in the last decade or two, but this one has my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Star Wars has been ordered for me so I'm definitely getting that! And Archie - honestly, I don't think I've ever read a single Archie comic.

      Delete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails