Thursday 7 April 2011

Hiding From The Internet

As I won't be getting my comics until today (probably tomorrow) at the earliest, I'm frantically trying to avoid spoilers and blogs and news reports this week what with the release of Brightest Day #23 and the revelations in there.

Instead, I thought I'd mention I went to see Sucker Punch on the weekend.


I'd been really looking forward to this and from a visual point of view wasn't disappointed at all: it looks absolutely gorgeous.

From a story point of view, though, I found it incredibly lacking in depth, character development, surprises and just about anything else. As nice as it looked it simply became a collection of music videos strung together with a very mundane story.

Brendon Connelly over at Bleeding Cool obviously really likes the film and has given a commentary to the first few minutes which you can watch/listen to here. Honestly, though, I don't think he offers anything that the average viewer won't pick up - I certainly didn't find anything new in his thoughts.

Like I said, it looks beautiful but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails