Tuesday 8 January 2013

Perusing Previews - January 2013


The current economic climate sucks, doesn't it? While I'm nowhere near broke there's some potentially large scale repair work that's going to be needed on the house soon so I'm having to watch the pennies which means cutting down on things. I'm trying not to get more ongoing comic series but then I see this: Ame-Comi Girls #1. I've heard that it's good fun which isn't surprising as it's written by Palmiotti and Gray of All-Star Western, Power Girl and Freedom Fighters among many others, so it's really tempting . . .



A couple of years ago you'd be hard pressed to find any Green Arrow merchandise but now, with the success of Arrow, it looks like it's Ollie's turn to shine.


A steampunk one-shot version of Star Wars? That's strangely tempting!


I buy the Walking Dead trades every now and then - one or two a year - so am well behind the story but the thing that made me chuckle here was just the simple solicitation: "Ezekiel has a tiger." It's a simple as that, that's all you need to know about the story!


You may not be able to make out the text without squinting but what we're apparently looking at here is the New 52's Wonder Woman statue. From the text: "Diana wears her iconic costume as reinterpreted by Jim Lee in the New 52."

I know I'm being picky but the trousers (that's pants to you lovely Americans) were put on her before the New 52 and when the reboot came along they were gone! Still, it's not a bad looking statue.

2 comments:

  1. They were waffling until the last minute about Diana's pants. (Diana's Pants would make a great name for a rock band.) This was probably put through the process before they decided against them.

    Steam Wars could be intriguing! Plus it looks like Time Lincoln is back (or being offered again). I should have a look at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I remember the first issue of Wonder Woman being solicited with trousers, then they were missing when it was published. I actually prefer her with them.

      Might try and get hold of Steam Wars just for the heck of it!

      Delete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails