Sunday 20 June 2010

Who'd Like A Cocktail? #86

The understatement of the year from Blackest Night #4

  • The Boys #43 - remember that time when you were reading Preacher and you realised that beneath the cheeky charm, the devil-may-care attitude and the all round bloke-iness, Cassidy wasn't a nice guy at all? I just had the same feeling about Butcher.
  • Brightest Day #4 - man, is Hawk a complete idiot or what?
  • Crossed: Family Values #2 - it could be so easy to turn this series into another zombie story but, for better or worse, David Lapham throws in some hideous family relationships that make the series more than a little repulsive. It's not gratuitous, though, and because it's deftly done it remains readable.
  • Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - The Journey Begins #2 - Aileen, billy-bumblers and invisible men, oh my!
  • DC Universe: Legacies #2 - ah, the Justice Society facing off against the HUAC hearings never gets old, does it? And while part of me cringes at the stilted, Chinese accented language of Wing's journal entries in the back-up story, part of me can't help thinking that it's appropriate for the time of the story.
  • Magog #10 - so that wraps up Giffen's run on the title, then? Not the most earth-shattering of reads, I have to admit, but enjoyable from a Giffen point of view.
And what made me smile:

Man, and I thought I was attached to my computer . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails