Friday 7 May 2010

Friday Night Fights - Black Who Now?


I know the whole point of Minimum Clonage is that we fighters don't repeat the same characters, but I have to hope Spacebooger will forgive me using another Green Lantern in this week's fight. The reason?

After annotating Blackest Night over the last few months, I'm kinda sick of hearing how powerful and spooky Black Hand is, how he's the embodiment of death and the end of everything and the manifestation of the black and blah, blah, blah.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the series, but I think it's good to be reminded of how some characters have changed over the years. Having pointed out how lame Hal Jordan can be, I thought I'd turn my attention to his latest, greatest adversary.

So, without further ado . . .


Yep, that's the big threat to the world.

That's the man it took a whole army of different coloured Lanterns to defeat.

That's the man who finds out it's not a good idea to interrupt Guy Gardner when he's having an argument with Ice because this happens . . .


One punch, into the side of a car.

Short and sweet this week as I'm rushed off my feet so I will merely remind you that you need to head over to Spacebooger, check out the other fights and vote for your favourite!

This illustration of how much Geoff Johns had to do to make Black Hand a worthwhile villain first appeared in Justice League America #28 cover dated July 1989, written by Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis, with art by Mike McKone and Joe Rubinstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails