Sunday 6 September 2009

Who'd Like A Cocktail? #53

Back from having the best part of a week off and spending most of it working on the DC Project, I should be returning to more frequent posts. In the meantime, have a cocktail:
  • The Boys #34 - World War II re-enactments were never like this!
  • Final Crisis Aftermath: Run! #5 - still the most entertaining of the Final Crisis Aftermath series, I'll be sad when this is over.
  • Justice League: Cry For Justice #3 - I was all ready to hate this having been sadly disappointed with the first two issues: I mean Green Arrow being okay with torturing villains? Just not going to happen. The dialogue is still leaden but with the emphasis shifted to Prometheus it's slightly better than #1 and #2. God knows if that'll continue, though.
  • Red Tornado #1 - I kinda liked this. It's not earth-shattering but I've always liked Red Tornado and for six issues I'll play along.
  • Strange Adventures #7 - oh, Jim Starlin you little scamp! Where are you going with this now?
  • The Walking Dead Vol 7: The Calm Before - not a new release but I've been picking up the trades of this series for some time. With the cliffhanger this finishes on, I might need to track down Vol 8 sooner rather than later.
  • Wednesday Comics #9 - still ticking over nicely with The Flash, Deadman and Hawkman standing out this week for me.
And what made me smile:
You gotta love Hawkman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails