Friday 16 October 2009

Friday Night Fights - A Faceful of Footwear

I think I robbed myself of last week's Friday Night Fight over at Spacebooger. I was leading 3 votes to 2 from Hero Sandwich and then had to vote for Hero Sandwich because Scott had pipped me to the post: he posted the fight I had lined up for this week.

Fred had the deciding vote and went for him . . . dammit!

Anyhow, here's this weeks from back in the days when Earth-2 heroes had their own comics:



That's Jonathan Law, aka the Tarantula facing off against fauna manipulating villaing Ramulus (no, I'd not heard of him either)



What is it with spider-based heroes and things going thwip!?



But always with one eye on the pay-off - Tarantula will send this guy to the cops as long as he gets to research his next book in return! Bloody authors will do anything for a book . . .

Make sure you vote over at Spacebooger - I won't be able to as I'm away this weekend but I'll be back for another round next week.

This old-school kick in the teeth first appeared in All-Star Squadron #54, cover dated February 1986, written by Roy Thomas with art by Mike Clark and Alfredo Alcala.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Gary. If it makes you feel any better, I think that was only my second win ever...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails