Wednesday 19 March 2008

The Martian Heat Ray

For once I had another post already planned - images scanned in and ready to go, rapier wit style observations (kinda) primed and waiting, poking gentle fun at the quirky little scenes I had found in an old copy of Justice League of America (I promise I'll start looking at other titles any time soon) when something else turned up in my feed reader.

I've mentioned before that I enjoy Salvation Run and last week's issue #5 was no different. All different kinds of crap hit the fan as the bad guys started battling each other in earnest and the League's favourite Martian Manhunter was caught in the middle of it. Having posed as Blockbuster in order to gain intelligence about what was happening to the villains, J'onn J'onnz has his cover blown by the self serving Catwoman. It's no surprise that the bad guys stop beating each other up and instead beat the crap out of J'onn.

What I obviously missed, though, was J'onn killing Metallo! In the heat of battle, I just figured he'd caused him some nasty damage but no, it's confirmed here on Matthew Sturges's blog. Check out the note for page 15.
Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails