Friday 12 October 2007

Rob Liefeld Whines About Alan Moore

I have to admit, I'm no fan of Rob Liefeld's artwork and I am a fan of Alan Moore's writing, so maybe I'm not the most objective person to comment, but this blog entry by Liefeld moaning about Moore just seems a little whiny.

Sure, Moore is known for being a somewhat difficult person but dammit he's produced some of the best comic books ever; my most recent reading of a Liefeld book was the two issue guest artist appearance he made on Teen Titans. According to Liefeld's Wikipedia article here:
In August 2005, his first assignment for DC in many years began, a two-issue arc on Teen Titans with writer Gail Simone. Orders for his first issue increased more than 10% over the July issue, moving the book into the Diamond top 20. The second issue of the arc dropped in orders to a point almost 5% below what issues of the series before Liefeld's were solicited.
I can't verify the numbers, but man the art sucked on those issues!

Moore certainly shouldn't be above criticism - I recently read the WildC.A.T.S collection and thought it rather run of the mill - but Liefeld's hardly the man to level it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, but this blog is no longer maintained. Feel free to visit my new site/blog over at

crisisonearthprime.com

Look forward to seeing you there. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails